i was going to post the photos above as part of a lookbook series on my Manolos once i got them back from Leather Spa. now, given the horrendous fiasco that has ensued, it's fitting that the photos are cruel and clear reminders of the condition of the shoes before i entrusted them to the incompetent and dishonest Leather Spa staff.
here's an update on ManoloGate since my last post...
1. the Manolo Blahnik boutique associate tried two days in a row to get in touch on my behalf with Leather Spa's owners, to no avail
2. when the MB associate did finally reach someone, she spoke with Josephine again, who stonewalled her with the same lies.
3. the MB boutique can order new heels from the factory for me and get them put on my botched shoes free of charge...
4. ...but – as if this whole debacle isn't cruelly absurd and upsetting enough – MB will need to send my shoes back to Leather Spa to get the new heels put on
5. why, you ask? because Leather Spa is the corporate vendor for all Manolo Blahnik shoes and clients.regardless, i am very grateful to the kind and gracious MB associate for all of her help throughout this situation.
i have filed cases with the BBB and NYC's Department of Consumer Affairs. those are pending further mediation and action with the respective agencies.
i have written a Yelp review. but, within an hour of posting it, my review was 'filtered' by Yelp, so now you'll have to scroll all the way down to the bottom, find the grayed-out "filtered reviews" link, and submit a Captcha (or several) before you'll be able to see it. incidentally, there are a number of other negative, compelling reviews in this filtered list. i'll let you draw your own conclusions on that.
dear readers, i need your help:
- please forward and tell your friends (especially those who live in NYC), and make it clear that this is unacceptable.
- i've tweeted about this under #ManoloGate. please help me spread awareness on social media.
- if anyone reading this is a lawyer, could you offer any thoughts on legal recourse? please feel free to contact me via email.
- if you've experienced anything similar and was able to resolve it somehow, i'd love to hear about it.
thank you all so much for your support...
have a lovely Labor Day weekend!