well, here we are: it is now officially too hot to care about dressing well.
also, 5 things that's quintessentially summer in NYC to me:
- if it looks too good to be true, it is. i.e.: that one spacious train car during subway rush hour because it's sans air conditioning.
- getting dripped on by high-rise window-unit ACs while walking on the sidewalk.
- women of all ages matter-of-factly rocking denim cutoffs everywhere.
- mid-afternoon ice cream/soft-serve pit stops.
- getting tickets to the US Open.*
*seeing a Grand Slam tennis match live has been a longtime dream of mine. hoping to finally get the logistics together this year!
what are you living in these days? what is quintessentially summer where you are?