it feels very suddenly summer around here: balcony BBQs, the semi-annual Net-a-Porter sale, the Friday afternoon rush in and out of the city. and, rather uncharacteristically, all i want to wear right now are dresses and tropical prints.
an update on things since my last spring/summer wardrobe post.
- crossed off the list: Karen Walker sunnies, finally!
- a wildcard item that wasn't on my list but i really love: this fun hawaiian-print cotton/linen dress.
- been living in slouchy printed pants (will do a post soon on this)
- a festive summery wedding dress...so many of the longer summer dresses out now are too casual/caftan-y/beachy. Zara has some gorgeous lower-priced options, except they're mostly polyester. i may have to go with a silk number.
- can't decide between these elegantly sleek (uptown?) wedge sandals vs these more stylishly utilitarian (brooklyn?) versions.
update: the sleek uptown wedges now on sale here!