November is the shortest month. or that's what it feels like anyway.
here we are a week before the official start of the holiday season, aka The Month of Lists. the relative calm before the start of the holidaze is a good time to reflect on the past year...so here are the purchases that have become tried-and-true mainstays in my wardrobe.
a few of my favorite things
1. everlane basics - hardly a day goes by when i'm not wearing a cotton tee, silk blouse, or cashmere knit from their line (reviewed here and here).
2. annabel ingall trio bag - my most useful and most-used bag of the year (reviewed here). lately i've been carrying it tucked inside my work tote as an easy organizer/clutch.
3. karen walker tort sunglasses - so well made. so glad i finally splurged on these.
5. rag & bone black skinny jeans - the clean simple jeans. alternating between these and my A.P.C.s every day.
thoughts on this year:
- so grateful for the friendships i've made with the many inspiring, cool women i've met through this blog. and to everyone who takes the time to read and/or comment, thank you!
- when in doubt, wear a striped shirt.
- a great pair of sunglasses is my talisman.
- items permanently filed under 'great in theory but just don't work for me': shirt-dresses, wide-leg jeans, lambskin Chanel bags.
- the morning routine doesn't lie – the real 'investment purchases' are the things that you use everyday.
what about you? what are your best buys of the year?