a reader got in touch recently and asked for summer shoe recommendations. so here's the thing: despite what the magazines will tell you, there are really only a handful of tried-and-true styles that endure season after season.
these are my top picks for the most comfortable chic summer sandals on a budget.
1. the Celine-esque sandals // i have them in 3 colors. they're that good.
2. the minimalist italian sandals // new in. clean, simple design and sturdy leather construction gets me every time.
3. the elegant flip-flops // if you're going to wear a flip-flop, might as well be sleek leather that goes well with a pedicure. mine from two summers ago are still going strong.
4. the nostalgic childhood fave // walkable for miles, and indestructible in sand and water.
5. the ergonomic-chic slides (also here) // these are slightly over $100 but honestly, the arch/footbed/support is worth it. birks are the new black.
6. the quirky old-school imports // lightweight, very travel-friendly, and quite feminine with jeans or dresses.
do you have a favorite budget summer sandal? happy Memorial Day weekend – are you doing anything fun?