i had intended to put this together before Christmas, but holiday and travel plans got in the way. 2014 in the sartorial department was a good year marked by solid finds and minimal wardrobe waste.
the wardrobe MVPs:
1. Everlane basics - second year in a row. overall really good, affordable staples in cotton, silk, and cashmere.
2. Splendid leggings and hoodie cardigan - my travel + weekend essentials.
3. Chan Luu cashmere silk scarf - all the qualities in a perfect scarf: huge, light yet cozy, chic, and drapes like a dream. and CL greys are the best!
4. Givenchy antigona bag - i think Givenchy is making some of the best quality luxury bags on the market right now. i've brought mine on planes, trains, and automobiles all through 2014 with nary a scratch to show for all the mileage.
5. AG skinny jeans - comfy and flattering. alternating between these and the A.P.C.s (yep, raw denim project still on) most days.
thoughts for 2015:
- thank you, as always, to everyone who takes the time to read and/or comment!
- don't compromise on quality, regardless of price.
- when in doubt, go with instinct.
- when shopping / wardrobe planning, ask the question: "would i pack this for a weeklong trip?" and edit as necessary.